Saturday, February 19, 2011

Victory Anniversary Party at Kraftwork

OH MY GOD, IT IS A GLORIOUS SIGHT


This past Thursday was Victory Brewing's 15th anniversary party at Kraftwork in Fishtown. Above is the lineup of all the different Victory beers they had on tap. Its sheer beauty brings a tear to my eye. There is a beer menu from the night, but its too big to post on the blog. Check out the full tap list HERE. I was kind of overwhelmed when I got there and I needed to gather myself and get down to business. I ordered a hopdevil on cask and planned my assault on the taps. Like I had said before, you can order 4 beers at a time if you want to try out more than a few brews. I ended up ordering 2 seperate flights of 4.

I think thats my second flight?

I tried 8 different beers I've never had before from Victory. I have had all of their IPAs (all of them are superb) and some of their other beers, so I tried out new ones for the sake of the blog. The launch of Victory's new beer named Headwaters Pale Ale made its mark at this anniversay celebration. For a pale ale it was probably the best brew out of the 8 or so I tried. The Smokin Oats tasted like BBQ/bacon and I really enjoyed it because I am fat/was hungry. It would go great with some bbq for sure, maybe even use it as a marinade. There is one beer that I suggest you steer clear of: Braumeister Pils. I don't know what the hell that word even is, but it taste like dirt. 



This is a pic taken at the bar. Some may consider it creepin. Regardless,  I dedicate this picture to Roni. I know you miss your girl. To make the celebration complete, they brought out a cake for Victory Brewing. 



Candles, singing, you know the deal. White people shit. I'm pretty sure we were the first people at the bar to get a piece of cake, probably cuz I'm fat/was hungry. All in all, it was a very enjoyable night at Kraftwork. The only thing that let me down was the lack of 90s music. From the Facebook description, 90s music was to be played. After all the alchohol was consumed, food was in order. Went to PYT and it was the best move ever made.. Nothing beats the grease when ya drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment