Sunday, February 6, 2011

Flashin Cash: City Tap House



For all yous that don’t know, “Flashin Cash” means to go out. You can go out Friday & Saturday on pay weeks and only one weekend night on non-pay weeks. My recent trip to City Tap House was in celebration of getting dem tax refund checkz. I went out with one of my friends and a few more people met us there. If you’ve never been to City Tap House, then go. They offer a huge selection of beers with atleast 5 different selections of every major style of beer. In total they have 50 taps flowing on any given night. For some reason, City Tap House brings the beast out of me and I end up getting very drunk when I go. This time was no different. Before I left I drank a few Bear Republic Hop Rod Ryes and had a jam sesh to set the tone.

We got there and I went right for the IPAs. They didn’t really have anything special to offer. They had the Yard’s IPA, Dark Horse Crooked Tree, Flying Dog Snake Dog, and Dogfish Head 90 Minute (said 60 minute on the menu). I had a draft of each of the beers I mentioned as well as an Allagash Tripel which tasted awful but was high in ABV. As I drank my last beer, a Yard’s, I began to feel all the alcohol catch up to me. I don’t remember too much after that point, but I know I went to Jimmy John’s and got a hoagie and took a cookie again. I also got into a little (drunk) conflict with a guy trying to pay his bill before leaving the tap house. I thought I was going to vomit the whole cab ride home. January 29th was a day I spent a lot of money. I don’t want to go into details, but it was acceptable because it was payday as well. In terms of damages that night, City Tap House tends to run a little on the pricey side. Each beer is atleast $6, some are $6.50, or even $7 (damn Allagash). We offset the cost by adding a few more glasses to my collection. Sorry….

Beer Selection: A+
Price: C

No comments:

Post a Comment