Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Beer Review: Ballast Point Sculpin IPA


Ballast Point: Sculpin IPA
San Diego, CA
Style: American IPA
ABV: 7.0&
Beeradvocate Rating: A. #1 no top 50 American IPA List
Serving type: Bottle
Purchased at: The Foodery

IBU’s: 70
Look: Golden
Smell: Fresh hop, Fruity
Taste: AMAZING
Feel: Thin, Crisp
Drinkability: VERY High

I’ve been wanting to try the ever so elusive Sculpin IPA since I started drinking IPAs because it’s the #1 ranked American IPA on Beeradvocate.com. I’ve seen it before at the Foodery, but only in 22oz bottles that cost $15 and I don’t ball like that. Out of nowhere they got in the 12oz bottles and I picked one up in my mixed sixer the other day.
This beer pours an amazing gold color. As soon as I started pouring, the aromas of apricot, peach, lemon, and even mango gave me a craft beer boner. It tastes just as good, if not better than it smells. It starts off sweet and a bit tangy, follows thru with a fresh hop bite, and finishes crisp and clean. Perfect taste, perfect balance, perfect everything for this Sculpin IPA. That’s all I have to say about this beer. Def one of the best and possibly the top IPA I’ve ever had. It’s a king’s beer and well…I'ma King.

My Rating: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment