Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Lunch

Every Friday I go out for lunch (I have such an exciting life, I know). Normally I go to the Foodery and grab a beer there as well as something from their deli. Recently, for my Friday lunch, I stopped into the Foodery with the intention of grabbing an iced tea before going to Rustica for some pizza. Somehow I ended up getting a beer instead, imagine that. I took it to Rustica because you can bring your own and I paired it with their BBQ chicken slice. In my opinion I believe that Rustica has the best BBQ chicken slice of pizza in the city. The beer I chose, Heavy Seas Black Cannon, is a black IPA.  I tend to favor black IPAs over any other style of IPA. Black Cannon is a perfect example of a well engineered black IPA and is very tasty. IPAs go EXTREMELY well with BBQ of any kind. Needless to say, the combination of the two made a banger lunch. I got the itis from it which earns the meal my seal of approval. I suggest a cup of bleu cheese on the side for dipping (lard style). 

No comments:

Post a Comment