Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Philly Brew & Chew: Weyerbacher

I didn't realize how long its been since my last post until just now. I really don't know what I've been doing to be truthful. Regardless, yesterday was nice as shit so I went to Devil's Den with a couple of friends. They had half off drafts from 5-7 for happy hour. I had a bunch of beers and spent less than $15 including tip. Why am I telling you this? I'm telling you because yesterday was the first 80 degree day and it kicked me into spring mode. There is a positive correlation between the quality of weather and amount of time spent out drinking.




Tomorrow I will be partaking in yet another beer drinking experience. What a surprise. The key to doing this frequently is to choose your events wisely based on cost/quantity trade off. That does not mean you should  sacrifice quality though. Cavanaugh's Rittenhouse will be holding a Brew & Chew tomorrow night from 8-10pm for $20. During those two hours you will indulge in a two hour open bar of all Weyerbacher beers and food pairings. Confirmed beers by Weyerbacher: Double Simcoe IPA, Merry Monks, Verboten, and Blanche. The Double Simcoe IPA and Merry Monks are two of my favorite beers. Weyerbacher makes some really tasty beers and a 2 hour session with their finest is a beer lover's dream. Who cares if the weather is still a bit shitty, you might as well drink until it gets better..

No comments:

Post a Comment